Management Skills for International Business Quiz Answer. In this post you will get Quiz & Assignment Answer Of Management Skills for International Business Quiz
Management Skills for International Business Quiz
Offered By ”University of London”
End of Week Quiz
Fayol proposed a series of principles about how employees should be managed. What did he mean by ‘Unity of Command’?
- managers should be fair to staff at all times
- employees need to be clear where they stand
- organisations should be striving to promote team spirit
- employees should only have one direct supervisor
Henry Mintzberg offered a framework which suggested a series of key skills required to manage people effectively. What is meant by the term ‘disseminator’?
- the one who communicates information to all key stakeholders
- someone who performed social duties
- a team member who networked inside and outside of the organisation
- someone who looks to access and assimilate work related information
When considering the concepts of leadership and management, which of the following is the most likely scenario?
- a business owner needs to be a leader and a manager
- leaders are reactive
- being a leader and a manager are mutually exclusive
- leaders have subordinates
Which of the following authorities believed that there was a very strong correlation or overlap between leadership and management?
- Blake and Mouton
Hersey and Blanchard’s ‘State of readiness/Situational Leadership’ framework emphasized the importance of which of the following?
- the skills and experience of the team
organisation’s reward strategy
leader being able to build their own team
- the leader having an autocratic approach
Referring to French and Raven’s 5 Bases of Power, “referent power” is described as a person’s…
- ability to punish others
- level of skills and knowledge
- ability to recognize the contribution of a colleague
- right to the respect of their colleagues
French and Raven’s 5 Bases of Power framework assumed that…
- different forms of power directly affect one’s leadership and associated chances of success
- power necessarily came with all roles of leadership
- all types of power were the same
- all leaders have all 5 Bases of Power
When we look to apply aspects of Mintzberg’s Framework
of Managerial Roles, a Disturbance Handler would usually…
- be responsible for employee development
- be a manager who had been in the same role for some time
- manage potential conflict scenarios
- demonstrate all 10 attributes of the Framework
Using Mintzberg’s Framework , if a Manager was
building a series of external networks who were there to provide useful
information, which of the following roles would be demonstrated?
When looking to explore the differences between
a leader and a manager, which of the following attributes would most
theoretical perspectives see as an indication of leadership?
- The ability to motivate others
- Having a vision and clear strategy
- Close management of resources
- Managing workflows
Which of the following most closely reflects Kotter’s views on the leadership vs management debate?
- An individual will be either a leader or manager, never both
- Leadership and management are mutually exclusive
- Individuals need to be both leaders and managers
- An individual working at a senior level must previously have been effective as managers
When considering the leadership v management debate which of the following is most likely?
- Leaders have subordinates
- Managers have an innovative approach
- Leaders have followers
- Leaders are accepting of the status quo
A leader can demonstrate a range of styles. What would a “laissez-faire” approach usually indicate?
- A leader taking sole responsibility for all decisions
- All leadership functions would be shared amongst colleagues
- An abdication of leadership responsibilities
- Colleagues having the freedom to make the right decision
Peer-graded Assignment: The Legend of Steve Jobs Lives On